CSP free training course for industry: Optimization of CST plant output by optical and thermal characterization and target-oriented O&M
CIEMAT organizes, from 25 to 29 of April 2022, the 2nd training course for industry working in the CSP sector. The topic of this 2nd training course will be on the “Optimization of CST plant output by optical and thermal characterization and target-oriented O&M”. The training will take place at PSA-CIEMAT test facilities in Almería (Spain) from 25 to 29 April 2022 and covers the following theoretical and practical topics:
- Airborne qualification: optical and thermal measurement and characterization of parabolic trough collectors with the use of UAV (drones). Techno-economic assessment of the improvements from these qualification methods.
- Meteorology: solar resource measurement and nowcasting. Mirror soiling measurement, cleaning optimization, techno-economic evaluation.
- Component aging: measurement and accelerated aging of main CSP components.
- Testing, Research & Innovation infrastructure: get an overview of the testing, measurement and development capabilities of the international research centers, mainly CIEMAT’s “Plataforma Solar de Almería”.
- Knowledge-Transfer and Networking: share information and experience not only between trainers and participants, but also between international
The registration deadline is January 31st 2022 on a first come, first serve basis. Class size is limited to 15 participants. Eligible candidates will be informed until February 15th, 2022. The maximum number of participants per company is two. Standard health and safety measures defined by DLR and CIEMAT for visitors and meetings will apply (details to be given prior to the meeting depending on latest development of the covid-19 pandemic). These will include vaccination, recovery or test certificate, social distance, face mask and disinfection of hands and surfaces.
More information and registration details can be found here.